WHO SUPPORTS LABOR’S PLAN FOR A DIRECTOR IDENTIFICATION NUMBER, TO CRACK DOWN ON PHOENIX COMPANIES?
The list of organisations that support Labor’s proposed Director Identification Number continues to grow, with the Tax Justice Network signalling its support for this important measure to help catch dodgy directors of fraudulent phoenix companies.
Supporters of a Director Identification Number now include:
- Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Australian Small Business and Family Enterprise Ombudsman
- Productivity Commission
- Tax Justice Network
- Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Master Builders Australia
- Australian Council of Trade Unions
- Australian Restructuring Insolvency and Turnaround Association
- Phoenix Project, comprising experts from Melbourne University Law School and Monash University Business School
Alas, one body has still failed to signal its support for a Director Identification Number:
- The Turnbull Government
TUESDAY, 6 JUNE 2017
Do you like this post?
Be the first to comment
Sign in with