The Australian Government values the expertise and the contributions of the charity sector highly. We know how vital Australian charities are in building stronger, fairer communities that are better places to live.
We hosted town hall meetings with the charity sector last year to share ideas on how we can rebuild community trust and engagement, and to reinforce our commitment to partner with the sector.
One year in, we are seeking to build on the Government’s partnership with Australian charities and maintain ongoing engagement through our town hall forums.
We're inviting charities to be part of our work to strengthen the sector by joining one of the sessions in our next town hall series.
The Government has initiated a Productivity Commission review of philanthropy and we’ve started work on a Blueprint for strengthening the capacity and capability of Australian charities.
These upcoming town hall conversations will be an opportunity to discuss the work being done and to get your views on priority areas for reform or support.
Please email [email protected] to RSVP.
** NB - due to unavoidable circumstances, the date of the Sydney event has been changed from 31 October to 7 November. **
- Tuesday 11 July | 9.15 am – 10.30 am, City of Perth Library Auditorium
- Wednesday 12 July | 10.00 am – 11.15 am, Brisbane Town Hall
- Thursday 13 July | 10.00 am – 11.15 am, Paranaple Centre, Devonport City Council & Library
- Friday 14 July | 10.00 am – 11.15 am, Adelaide Town Hall
- Wednesday 1 November | 10.30 - 11.30 am, Canberra | Albert Hall
- Tuesday 7 November | 10.30 am - 11.30 am, Sydney | Rydges World Square, Ballroom 1
- Wednesday 8 November | 10.30 am - 11.30 am, Melbourne | Yarra Room, Melbourne Town Hall
If you aren’t able to register online, missed the session in your area, or would like to register interest in future sessions, just email [email protected]. We’re keen to hear from as many organisations as possible.