First, there was #HealthPolicyValentines:
- I promise to cover you, in sickness and in health, ’til death panels do us part.
- My love for you is like health care cost growth: out of control.
- You are my statistically significant other
- I’d like to borrow you overnight and then hold you to maturity
- Roses are red, violets are blue, thank you for Twist and, of course, QE2!
- The non-traditional stimulus was way better than I thought it would be
But both have reminded me that 14 Feb is a long parliamentary sittings day (the House rises at 10.30pm). So since I won’t be taking my wife out for a romantic dinner, perhaps I should be coming up with an apt parliamentary Valentine. Here’s a few to start off:
- If you were a bill, I’d pass you without amendment
- You’ll always be my first preference
- Our love is always in surplus
- It’s hard to believe I was ever a swinging voter
But I’m sure Twitter can do better. Let’s make the hashtag #AusPolValentines