A few things that I've been reading over recent weeks.
- Michael Fullilove's moving tribute to his father, WWII soldier and Skippy director Eric Fullilove
- John Langmore (former member for Fraser, and prolific thinker) on how Australia can become a more effective UN member
- Nicholas Kristof on good and bad charitable donations
- Thomas Friedman on Arne Duncan's "national teacher campaign"
- McKinsey's recent report on attracting and retaining 'top-third graduates' to careers in teaching
- Skeptical Science, a blog responding to bogus anti-climate change arguments (includes a post on the impact of carbon pricing on the US economy)
- The declining effective tax rates paid by the richest 400 Americans
- The technological and ethical issues surrounding fighting robots
Do you like this post?